Finally, an answer to all those questions you may have about our fishing camps for kids. This is a list of the most frequently asked questions we have received over the past several seasons.
How old does my child need to be in order to be a FishCamp™ camper?
• FishCamp™ invites boys and girls ages 10-15 years of age.
How many campers attend each FishCamp™?
• We have a 4:1 camper:counselor ratio at all camps with a maximum of 20 campers per camp.
What kind of fish do we catch & release?
• Mostly beautiful rainbow trout and brown trout.
Where do we sleep?
• We have built platforms and bought state of the art walled tents that sleep 4 campers and one counselor.
What time do we wake up and go to sleep?
• Most days the breakfast bell is at 8 am and lights out around 10:30 pm.
Where do we shower?
• FishCamp™ has a nice bathhouse complete with toilets, sinks, and showers for both boys and girls.
What do we do besides fish?
• FishCamp™ is a specialty camp focused on the wonderful sport of flyfishing. We also include fly tying, night hikes, and games (such as the traditional egg toss).
Do we get any free time?
• Usually around shower time each day, you have about an hour to relax and shower or play games around camp.
Is there a special camp for girl anglers?
• FishCamp™ is very popular for both boys and girls, however, we tend to try and encourage all the girls to attend camps where there will be other girl anglers. We can let you know which FishCamps™ already have girls signed-up.
Where do our campers come from?
• All over the United States! While the majority of our campers come from Northern California, so far we have had FishCampers™ from Oregon, Hawaii, Washington, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Missouri, North Carolina, Louisiana, Texas, New Jersey, Wyoming, Colorado, and Montana.
How do the campers get to FishCamp™?
• Families drive campers to FishCamp™. We have an orientation lunch for everyone to enjoy together.