Finally, an answer to all those questions you may have about our fishing camps for kids. This is a list of the most frequently asked questions we have received over the past several seasons.
How old does my child need to be in order to be a FishCamp™ camper?
• FishCamp™ invites boys and girls ages 10-15 years of age.
How many campers attend each FishCamp™?
• We have a 4:1 camper:counselor ratio at all camps with a maximum of 20 campers per camp.
What kind of fish do we catch & release?
• Mostly beautiful rainbow trout and brown trout.
Where do we sleep?
• We have built platforms and bought state of the art walled tents that sleep 4 campers and one counselor.
What time do we wake up and go to sleep?
• Most days the breakfast bell is at 8 am and lights out around 10:30 pm.
Where do we shower?
• FishCamp™ has a nice bathhouse complete with toilets, sinks, and showers for both boys and girls.
What do we do besides fish?
• FishCamp™ is a specialty camp focused on the wonderful sport of flyfishing. We also include fly tying, night hikes, and games (such as the traditional egg toss).
Do we get any free time?
• Usually around shower time each day, you have about an hour to relax and shower or play games around camp.
Is there a special camp for girl anglers?
• FishCamp™ is very popular for both boys and girls, however, we tend to try and encourage all the girls to attend camps where there will be other girl anglers. We can let you know which FishCamps™ already have girls signed-up.
Where do our campers come from?
• All over the United States! While the majority of our campers come from Northern California, so far we have had FishCampers™ from Oregon, Hawaii, Washington, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Missouri, North Carolina, Louisiana, Texas, New Jersey, Wyoming, Colorado, and Montana.
How do the campers get to FishCamp™?
• We encourage families to drive campers to FishCamp™ since we have an orientation lunch for everyone to enjoy together. However, if a child needs transportation from the Redding airport, it is possible to make arrangements for transfers from the Redding airport to FishCamp™, as long as flight times are coordinated in advance to coincide with FishCamp™ scheduling. If transportation is needed, it is important for the parent/guardian to send a copy of airline itineraries with the enrollment form. If this service is needed, please discuss with the camp director the arrangements by at least one month in advance. Campers are met at the Redding Airport by our staff members and escorted to FishCamp™. There is an additional fee of $100 for each transfer. Airport transfers are only recommended for older kids with experience traveling on their own. Redding is a small, rural airport, and flight delays can happen.
Making Reservations to FishCamp™
To make a reservation, please give us a call at 800-669-3474 during business hours any day of the week, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime. We can give you the answers you need, detailed explanations to questions you might have, or check on availability and confirm your reservation in minutes.